How to change WhatsApp Language: WhatsApp is currently the most popular Instant Messaging App in the world . Whenever we think of chat or SMS, the first thing that comes to our mind is WhatsApp. Did you know that WhatsApp is available in over 60 languages (Android) and 40 languages (iPhone)?
But there is such a system of WhatsApp that the language which will be set in your phone, your WhatsApp will also be in the same language by default. It follows the language of your phone. Many people have English as the default language in their Smartphone. There are another version of Whatsapp which is gbwhatsapp and Whatsapp plus you can easily use this as your main app.
Because of which WhatsApp also uses the English language by default. Some people do not understand English, so they often ask that How to Change WhatsApp Language .
Today in this post we will tell how to change the language of WhatsApp. If you want, apart from the language of your device, you can also use your WhatsApp in other language.
In this way the language of WhatsApp can also be changed. WhatsApp offers a total of 11 local languages in India including English, Hindi, Bengali, Punjabi, Telugu, Marathi, Tamil, Urdu, Gujarati, Kannada and Malayalam. So let us now know how to change the language of WhatsApp.
WhatsApp is a messaging app used by over 1 billion people in over 180 countries. This messaging app is connected with almost everyone’s daily life. This app is not only used for chatting but it is also used for making calls, sending and receiving documents, photos, gifs and videos. WhatsApp is completely free and provides simple, secure, reliable messaging and calling on phones worldwide.
How to change language in WhatsApp?
If you want to change the language of WhatsApp, then follow the steps given below. Here is a step by step guide with the help of which you can change the language of your WhatsApp to your local language.
- First of all open WhatsApp on your Android device .
- After this, click on the three dots appearing on the top right side.
- After that click on Settings.
- Then click on Chats.
- After that go to App Language.
- Here you will get a list of some languages, from which you have to select your favorite language.
- Now you will come back and see that the language of your WhatsApp has changed.
As I mentioned above that your WhatsApp is by default in the same language which is the language of your phone. You must have seen in the steps mentioned above that WhatsApp already uses a default phone language. If you want to change the language of WhatsApp, then you can also change the language of WhatsApp by changing the language of your mobile. For this follow the steps given below.
How to change the language of your Android phone?
- First of all go to the settings of the phone.
- After that go to System Settings.
- After that go to Language and Input. In many phones, Language and Region is written in its place.
- Click on Language.
- After this, a list of languages will open in front of you, from which you can choose your preferred language.
How to change the language of your iPhone phone?
If you are an iPhone user, you will have to follow a slightly different process.
Read Also: Whatsapp Plus Apk Download for iPhone
- First you have to go to iPhone Settings.
- Then tap on General.
- Now you need to tap on Language and Region and select iPhone language.
- After selecting a language, tap on it.
- After that click on Change Language.
How to type in another language in WhatsApp?
If you use WhatsApp, then you will receive many messages in your local language like Hindi, Bangla etc. In such a situation, if you also want to type in WhatsApp in other language, then for this you have to add that language to your current keyboard.
Will have to do For example, if you want to type in language in WhatsApp, then you have to add Hindi language to your current keyboard. By following the steps given below, you can understand how to type other language in WhatsApp.
- Open your Android’s Settings app.
- Now in the Settings App, scroll down and tap on the Language & Input option.
- Tap on Virtual Keyboard. If you’re using an older version of Android, find the Keyboard and Input Method tab on the Language and Input page.
- Then tap on Current Keyboard. The default keyboard in an Android phone can be either GBoard, SwiftKey, or it can be the keyboard according to your phone’s UI. Like the Samsung keyboard provides with Samsung devices.
- Then tap on Languages, now a list of languages will open in front of you, from which you have to choose your preferred language. After that tap on that language.
- After that come back to your WhatsApp, there you will see a Language Switch Key. By clicking on it you can change the language of your keyboard. Apart from this, there is an option to change the language even after long pressing the Space key, from there you can choose your Input Method.
- After that you can type in other language on WhatsApp.
Read Also: Download GBWhatsapp For iPhone iOS
Do you know, Bold/Italic/Strikethrough text can be used in WhatsApp. You can format the text in WhatsApp and make it Bold, Italic or Strikethrough. Here is a simple way for this.
To use Italic Text in WhatsApp
If you want to use Italic Text in WhatsApp, then for this you have to use Underscore Symbol(_) on both the left and right side of the text.
Example: _Your Example Text_
Result: Your Example Text
To use Bold Text in WhatsApp
If you want to use bold text in WhatsApp, then for this you have to use the asterisk symbol (*) on both the left and right side of the text.
Example: *Your Example Text*
Result: Your Example Text
To use Strikethrough Text in WhatsApp
If you want to use Strikethrough Text in WhatsApp, then for this you have to use the tilde symbol (~) on both the left and right side of the text.
Example: ~Your Example Text~
Your Example Text
Today in this post I told about changing on WhatsApp. I hope this post will be useful for you. Today WhatsApp has become such an application that is seen in almost all the smartphones. That is why it is important that you use it well. If you are facing any problem in changing the language of WhatsApp or writing in Hindi on WhatsApp, then tell us by commenting. If you liked this post, then do share it on social media.